I have always been political active but I’m totally confused who to vote for next year. Which party is best for the small business owner? Let’s face it, if you run a small business then life has become tough. Increased regulation, increased taxation, the local authority wanting to charge us for everything, all this coupled with an economy that is ‘pants’ makes running a small business very challenging. My advice to which ever party wins next year is:
- Tax breaks for employing people rather than increased taxation
- Raise the VAT threshold to £100,000
- No corporation tax for all those companies turning over less than £200,000 if 50% of the net profit is reinvested back into growing the business
- Drastically reduce regulation – not sure what yet but give me time and I will come up with some ideas
- Have a government owned bank purely for small businesses that commits to providing borrowing at low interest rates – let’s have a bank that is for once prepared to take a risk on an investment.